Old 19-09-2009, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Simbad Mallet Begonia

"Surinder Kaur" wrote

I used to own this beautiful plant about 10 years ago called the
Simbad Mallet Begonia I have looked on loads of websites to see where I
can purcahse this plant from but have had no luck. The plant has get
green leaves with silvery spots on there and also a cute tiny little
pink flowers. I wanted to know does anybody where I can purchase these
in the UK, West Midlands.

Here is a link to the picture - http://tinyurl.com/m9eg2w

Hope to hear from anyone.

That is a Cane Begonia and you will find it at...

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...?ID=1372&so=pf

look at their superb list which includes the Cane Begonia "Sinbad" you are
looking for and they do mail order. However I understand Sinbad can be a bit
difficult to keep over winter due to it's thin leaves and there may be
others that are tougher on that list like "Lucerna".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden