Old 19-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered User

Default Simbad Mallet Begonia

Hello,
I used to own this beautiful plant about 10 years ago called the Simbad Mallet Begonia I have looked on loads of websites to see where I can purcahse this plant from but have had no luck. The plant has get green leaves with silvery spots on there and also a cute tiny little pink flowers. I wanted to know does anybody where I can purchase these in the UK, West Midlands.

Here is a link to the picture - http://www.victoria-dove.com/Pics/Be...egonia.jpg.jpg

Hope to hear from anyone.

Thank You,
Surinder Kaur
Old 19-09-2009, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Surinder Kaur" wrote

I used to own this beautiful plant about 10 years ago called the
Simbad Mallet Begonia I have looked on loads of websites to see where I
can purcahse this plant from but have had no luck. The plant has get
green leaves with silvery spots on there and also a cute tiny little
pink flowers. I wanted to know does anybody where I can purchase these
in the UK, West Midlands.

Here is a link to the picture - http://tinyurl.com/m9eg2w

Hope to hear from anyone.

That is a Cane Begonia and you will find it at...

http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder...?ID=1372&so=pf

look at their superb list which includes the Cane Begonia "Sinbad" you are
looking for and they do mail order. However I understand Sinbad can be a bit
difficult to keep over winter due to it's thin leaves and there may be
others that are tougher on that list like "Lucerna".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 20-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surinder Kaur View Post
Hello,
I used to own this beautiful plant about 10 years ago called the Simbad Mallet Begonia I have looked on loads of websites to see where I can purcahse this plant from but have had no luck. The plant has get green leaves with silvery spots on there and also a cute tiny little pink flowers. I wanted to know does anybody where I can purchase these in the UK, West Midlands.

Here is a link to the picture - http://www.victoria-dove.com/Pics/Be...egonia.jpg.jpg

Hope to hear from anyone.

Thank You,
Surinder Kaur
Try contacting this grower and see if she can help: http://www.stbegonias.com/

who puts the 'b' in 'begonia"? 2017.05.20.09.37.00 - who puts the b in begonia 2017.05.20.09.37.00.jpg Opinicus[_3_] Garden Photos 1 21-05-2017 02:35 PM
who puts the 'b' in 'begonia"? 2017.05.20.09.36.37 - who puts the b in begonia 2017.05.20.09.36.37.jpg Opinicus[_3_] Garden Photos 0 20-05-2017 02:18 PM
Begonia Wendy7 Garden Photos 0 09-04-2009 06:32 AM
Begonia grandis - evensiana - Hardy Begonia HeatherScot United Kingdom 1 05-06-2005 10:49 PM
Begonia wilt? animaux Gardening 0 14-02-2003 02:15 PM