Old 19-09-2009, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Passiflora 'Sabine'

On 2009-09-19 18:43:16 +0100, lannerman
said:

'Sacha[_4_ Wrote:
;864816']On 2009-09-19 10:35:42 +0100, said:
-
In article
,
Sacha
wrote:-

Someone may be able to ID it from the leaf if you can scan in a pic
of
that. But the Passion Flowers that are sold to live outdoors in UK
are
usually Passiflora caerulea and P. caerulea Constance Elliott.-

And even the latter is a bit tender for many/most places.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.-

Indeed but do we know where lannerman lives?
--
Sacha

Hi, Everyone, I live at Lanner in Cornwall and prior to last winter
when we experienced -9 C I would have said that our winters are
extremely mild with any frost at all being an exception, that was the
coldest its been since 1988. In fact the further west you went the
colder it got, the epicentre of cold being around Penzance where they
registered -12 C. Thank you all for your input, just for the record, I
now have, apart from P. caerulea also the following, Constance Elliot,
Amethyst (syn. Lavender Lady) Victoria (red) racemosa, Star of
Kingston, Debby, and one which is new to me this year called Clear Sky,
which is to all intents a more vigorous form of P. caerulea with much
larger and more striking flowers
I have just noticed in Hilliers, that they list Passiflora x
violacea as being synonymous with P.caeruleoracemosa Sabine.
Regards Lannerman.

You're not a million miles from Charlie at Roseland House Nursery at
Chacewater near Truro.
--
Sacha