Old 20-09-2009, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default GW....cuttings.

"Isleman" Isleman@home wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:02:22 +0100, "vsop"
wrote:

In last nights GW show a "leading expert" on cuttings gave a
demonstration
on the way she took cuttings.
What surprised me was that she said to always cut through the leaf node.
Yet all previous advice I have ever seen and read on this matter has
always
advised to cut just under the node ?
She had very high success rates whereas my propagation results have
always
been quite hit-and-miss over the years,
What do others think of her technique ? Did I hear her incorrectly ?

AFAIR you were shown her cutting through the leaf node.
--

Martin

What part of "What surprised me was that she said to always cut through
the leaf node." do you not understand?

Perhaps you should have read the original post a little more thoroughly
Michael, he does say it was contrary to what he believed to be the correct
way and that is what surprised him.
Or are you just trying to have a little stir, although that's not your
style is it!

I.M.

It came over to me as not knowing that you cut through the leaf node.
"THROUGH" the leaf node. Do you not understand that either?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk