Old 22-09-2009, 11:22 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Cutting artichokes

I have let the asparagus have a rest but the artichokes are ready. Only two
so far big enough but many more in couple of days. Our WWOOFer has been
doing good work and we have been weeding, manuring and pumping water so the
gardens look good. The flowers on the fruit trees were beautiful but they
are getting badly knocked about by the wind. Today we got up to find the
sky yellow, visibility is down to about 200m. Pity the poor bugger whose
topsoil is blowing by.

David