Old 23-09-2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Great Blue Heron

I've been visited by a heron before. You can probably find that
post/discussion here if you search. Netting seems to work and having a pond
that's not heron friendly. My pond doesn't have any shelves. It's an abrupt
drop off to 2 feet. Of course this hasn't stopped a GBH from dropping by for
a visit. Running out the back door wildly flapping your arms seems to get
their attention.

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:56:59 EDT, "Dan Spalluto"
wrote:

Has any one been able to successfully get rid of a great blue heron?

Successfully or legally? What is successful in one place may be
illegal in another.