Old 23-09-2009, 08:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Cutting artichokes

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
I have let the asparagus have a rest but the artichokes are ready. Only
two so far big enough but many more in couple of days. Our WWOOFer has
been doing good work and we have been weeding, manuring and pumping water
so the gardens look good. The flowers on the fruit trees were beautiful
but they are getting badly knocked about by the wind. Today we got up to
find the sky yellow, visibility is down to about 200m. Pity the poor
bugger whose topsoil is blowing by.

But the up side of that is that you are getting free topsoil and don't even
have to spread it.