Old 23-09-2009, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Don Phillipson Don Phillipson is offline

Default Pole Beans

"Donald Maclean" wrote in message

Although I have gardened most of my life this is the first year I have
tried growing pole beans----First I planted to many---Second I have a

large
number of over grown pods full of lovely plump beans----Does anyone have a
suggestions or receipt to use these beans or should I simply compost them
seams a shame to waste them... ??

Big bean pods are more palatable (and easier to cook) when
sliced on the diagonal, e.g. into pieces less than an inch
long and less than one cm wide. Special-purpose machines
for this purpose were common 50 years ago. Some blender
attachments slice beans.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs