Old 24-09-2009, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Any Buddleia Flowering Again?

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

DAvy

Dead headed for a while and new flowers came off laterals.

They are quiet at the moment, but I have hopes of further flowers.

The weather is good and they are looking perky.

Neighbours buddleia without dead heading does not seem to be flowering.
In fact, the leaves are turing yellow whilst mine are still green.

I wonder what would have happened with a medium prune instead of just dead
heading?