Old 24-09-2009, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any Buddleia Flowering Again?

Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

DAvy
Old 24-09-2009, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

DAvy

Dead headed for a while and new flowers came off laterals.

They are quiet at the moment, but I have hopes of further flowers.

The weather is good and they are looking perky.

Neighbours buddleia without dead heading does not seem to be flowering.
In fact, the leaves are turing yellow whilst mine are still green.

I wonder what would have happened with a medium prune instead of just dead
heading?

Old 25-09-2009, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

Yes. I dead headed one of my bushes and got a second flush, I doubt you'd
get one otherwise.

Tweed

Old 26-09-2009, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

DAvy

Dead headed for a while and new flowers came off laterals.

They are quiet at the moment, but I have hopes of further flowers.

The weather is good and they are looking perky.

Neighbours buddleia without dead heading does not seem to be flowering.
In fact, the leaves are turing yellow whilst mine are still green.

I wonder what would have happened with a medium prune instead of just dead
heading?

Walking round Felixstowe some of the bushes which have been left alone have
a small flush of new flowers.

Old 26-09-2009, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Davy" wrote in message
. 109.145...

Walking round Felixstowe

David, I meant to ask, are you one of the unfortunate plot holders in
Felixstowe?

To get back on topic, my partially deadheaded buddleia is blooming again.

--
Kathy
A person who doesn't like cats must have been a mouse in a previous life.

Old 28-09-2009, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Christina Websell writes

"Davy" wrote in message
.109.145...
Last month I dead headed my buddleia every day but it did not seem to
make any difference to the flowering.
But now, a month later I have a second weaker flush of small flowers.
But I don't know if this is because I dead headed.
Has anybody else a second flush even though they did not dead head - the
old flowers would be in seed now.

Yes. I dead headed one of my bushes and got a second flush, I doubt you'd
get one otherwise.

The lateral flowers seem to arrive regardless of deadheading. But
deadheading tidies the plant
--
Kay

multi-colored Buddleia courtault at yahoo.com Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia Annabel United Kingdom 2 17-02-2003 09:31 AM
multi-colored Buddleia animaux Texas 0 12-02-2003 01:56 AM
Need advice on pruning a buddleia GR United Kingdom 2 11-02-2003 10:08 PM