Old 25-09-2009, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Dispposing of a walnut tree?

On 2009-09-25 22:26:42 +0100, "alan.holmes" said:

I have a mature walnut tree which is becoming a bit of a problem and I'd
like to get rid of it, how can I find someone who would be interested in
buying it rather than consign it to the bonfire?

Alan

Alan, do you *have* to? They take so long to reach maturity and are so
beautiful.......sob! If you absolutely must cut it down, I'd think a
wood turner would be interested in it. I may be wrong but I think the
wood is rather highly prized. But do, do think again!
--
Sacha