Old 26-09-2009, 05:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Andrew White Andrew White is offline

Default Elm beetle?

On Sep 24, 10:56*pm, Sarah Austin wrote:
We live in the Denver area and have some pretty elms surrounding the
place, but they've been getting holes in the leaves and some of the
branches and a few of the trees have been dying.

We had the dead ones cut down but would LIKE to save the rest if it doesnt
cost a lot. ( for us, we dont have much money )

Is it expensive to save elms like this from elm beetle?

I heard that with roses, you can plant garlic around them and it helps
keep bugs away, like a systemic? Will that work with elms?

Unfortunately here in Michigan we have been dealing with this epidemic
for quite a while. The spread is very difficult to contain. We can not
move any of the wood from cut trees, actually the tres cut by the
state are all brought to a special shredding station.