Old 26-09-2009, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default Dispposing of a walnut tree?

"alan.holmes" wrote in message
I have a mature walnut tree which is becoming a bit of a problem and I'd
like to get rid of it, how can I find someone who would be interested in
buying it rather than consign it to the bonfire?

It would be an enormous waste to consign it to such a fate. Ask a local tree
surgeons advice on how to best rearrange the tree's growth to enhance it and
make it less of a problem.

Other than that if you *still* think you need to cut it down then perhaps
asking at http://www.timbersource.co.uk/ might yield some results for the
use of the wood. Might even be able to do a deal with a cabinet maker for a
nice piece of quality furniture in exchange.