Old 26-09-2009, 08:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gloria P Gloria P is offline

Default Elm beetle?

Sarah Austin wrote:
Phisherman wrote :

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:56:31 -0500, Sarah Austin
wrote:

We live in the Denver area and have some pretty elms surrounding the
place, but they've been getting holes in the leaves and some of the
branches and a few of the trees have been dying.

We had the dead ones cut down but would LIKE to save the rest if it
doesnt cost a lot. ( for us, we dont have much money )

Is it expensive to save elms like this from elm beetle?

I heard that with roses, you can plant garlic around them and it
helps keep bugs away, like a systemic? Will that work with elms?

Sarah:

Try the Colorado State University site:

http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.co...sa=Site+Search

and for more specific information call your County Agriculture Extension
Service.

You might also get information from the Denver Botanic Garden.

I believe I have read that Denver has an official city arborist. If
you live in the city limits of Denver you can probably get information
from his offce.

gloria p