Old 26-09-2009, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default What to grow

Richard's Patch wrote:
Hi, I have recently moved into my first home and it has a nice - but
overgrown back garden. I want to make a patch to grow some fruit and
veg in but really dont know what will grow outside in the english
weather. I do have space for a greenhouse would it be worth investing?

Has anyone got any sugestions about what i could grow that would give
me the most yeald for the smallest space and that will be tasty.

Thanks

What is the climate like at your place? England isn't a huge place but
there is still quite a bit of difference between coastal Cornwall and some
northern upland moor. How about joining the local garden club and asking
the them what grows where you are.

David