Old 27-09-2009, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Dispposing of a walnut tree?

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 alan.holmes wrote:

Hmm. I suppose it's not possible to train the squirrels to clean and bury
the nuts in your garden. Our neighbour has a very large walnut tree and
that's what our local squirrels do - they bury them in our garden! Keeps
me in walnuts for the winter!

So please tell me, how do you find them, often even the damned squirrels
can't find them?

No, that's true. They can't. Sometimes we see them doing it from our
window. Otherwise we look for disturbed turf. Worth doing on a daily
basis.

David

http://rance.org.uk