Old 27-09-2009, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Officially a drought?

Isn't 3 weeks without rain officially a drought in England? If so,
this may be the first I've encountered since I moved here in 1997!
Today it is 3 weeks since it rained here. We had customers in from
Norfolk today who said they've had no rain all summer. Somehow, we
kept our hands from around their necks! This is the most beautiful
Indian Summer ever experienced, by me, here. Tonight, Ray came into
the kitchen, dragged me away from a hot stove (!) and took me outside
to see a simply awe-inspiring sunset of pinks and golds. This morning
the air was cold and crisp and dry, like a really good wine. It made
one feel better just for being outside the front door and inhaling it.
This weather is gorgeous beyond description.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com