Old 28-09-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Officially a drought?

On 2009-09-28 00:22:39 +0100, "mark" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Isn't 3 weeks without rain officially a drought in England? If so, this
may be the first I've encountered since I moved here in 1997! Today it is
3 weeks since it rained here. We had customers in from Norfolk today who
said they've had no rain all summer. Somehow, we kept our hands from
around their necks! This is the most beautiful Indian Summer ever
experienced, by me, here. Tonight, Ray came into the kitchen, dragged me
away from a hot stove (!) and took me outside to see a simply
awe-inspiring sunset of pinks and golds. This morning the air was cold and
crisp and dry, like a really good wine. It made one feel better just for
being outside the front door and inhaling it. This weather is gorgeous
beyond description.
--

It is true that we've not seen a lot of rain this summer here in Norfolk,
two or three very heavy showers which didn't do that much good.

I've found this definition of drought:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feature.../drought.shtml

mark

That's a useful site and does make the point about different strokes
etc! Thanks Mark. Personally, I'd say we're in a drought. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com