Old 29-09-2009, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_8_] Billy[_8_] is offline

Default What to grow

In article ,
Balvenieman wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

You newsreader does not seem to mark quoted text, if it can do this it will
make reading threads from multiple contributors much easier.

What you suggest may not be possible. "Gardenbanter" is a web-based
interface to several usenet gardening newsgroups. Although, the
web-based service differentiates quotes by color, it may not distinguish
them when passing to a text-based NNTP service. Also, there seems to be
a bit of a problem with the page's coding or with the user.... I did not
register and so do not know how the interface is presented to users who
reply to posts.
https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/187416-what-grow.html

From what I can determine, the entire "xxxbanter" hierarchy is a
half-baked commercial effort to capitalize on usenet. Sort of a grand
English "Googlegroups" rip, I guess you'd say. Maybe it'll get "better".
In a perfect world, of course, it simply would disappear.

For your needs, though, do as David suggested, and ask the local garden
club, or nurseries, about what will and will not grow easily for YOU.
--
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."
-Archbishop Helder Camara

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm