Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
brandis brandis is offline

Default Small white fuzzy gnats

On Oct 2, 5:58*pm, Wilson wrote:
sometime in the recent past Wilson posted this: Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but this time of year in
New England we get what look like minute balls of white to whitish-blue
fuzz flying about. If you catch one, they look like little black flies
with bits of fuzz around the abdomen. Any ideas what they're called? The
air can get quite busy with them.

I think I've found it. Woolly Alder Aphid picture athttp://tr.im/AtYzand
description athttp://tr.im/AtWZ

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3

Those are really neat! I wonder if they are in the state of Michigan
too? I've yet to see them.