Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Is this a morning glory?

"Bob Hobden" wrote "Sheila" wrote
http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd322/sheilaformby/

This was given to me by a friend from his greenhouse, he had a trayful,
very dry, and all overgrown by the roots, there are plants and flowers
coming out of bottom of pot! The leaf is very luxuriant, and velvety.Its
green but underside is pink. Help would be appreciated.

Archimenes, probably celsi, the hot water plant.
It will die back over winter so keep the pot perfectly dry then when the
weather starts to warm up repot the white maggot like roots in fresh
potting compost, careful with the watering at first until you see good
growth then start watering well and feeding well, keep the compost always
moist in summer. Sometimes with A celsi you get new small green rhizomes
(or whatever they are) growing on the stems and these can also be potted
up.
Lovely plants IMO and there are some more beautiful hybrids about. I have
a pure white one and a white with purple throat all originally sent me by
someone on here.

I forgot to mention that the roots/rhizomes are extremely delicate and will
break up into tiny bits at the slightest heavy-handedness.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden