Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default What kind of products should I put on the lawn?

Herb Eneva wrote:

Since I got chewed out by lawn guy I`ll try another post with more
info. I would like to know what to put
down on my lawn now and also next spring. I am in central Va. and the
soil is mostly red clay and is slightly acidic. The grass is mostly
fescue and rye with a few unknown weeds that I keep cut to about 3 in.
I hope this is enough info. Thanks for an
answer.

Learn the names of the weeds that you have. Then you can learn which weed
killers will be the most effective for you lawn.

This site has photos of quite a few weeds, and it also lists the effective
herbicides.

http://www.msuturfweeds.net/browse-by-name/

If you have bare or thin spots, Fall is the best time to seed. But, if you
have to perform leaf removal, you might want to wait until you're done
with that.

--
Tony Sivori