Old 07-10-2009, 03:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Is it wise to "stagger" tomato plantings?

"gunner" wrote in message
Yes, staggering dates can help you get more yield, just remember there
are many other growth regulating factors at play.

Yeah, I know that they do tend to slow down when very hot weather comes, and
that they tend to have growth spurts and "cycles" (most of mine do at
least). But it's good to know that staggered plantings can produce a more
continuous supply. I don't mind freezing the excess when they're in full
fruit, but I hate the times like now when I get two or three tomatoes a day
despite perfectly wonderful weather.
--S.