Old 17-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Jerrispond

Default koi breeding

We have about 10 large Koi and they are 4 years old this summer.When can we
exspect them to breed and have their babies? We just got ourpond clear enough
to see and there are many baby fish in there about 1 inchlong but we also have
about 20 goldfish. So, when can we exspect our koito start their "families"??
Any hints will help. We were surprised to seethe inch long babies today
because we are just about 3 weeks into feeding
the fish and these are already 1-1
1/2 inches long. Do the gold fish have
babies with the ice on the water? We live in zone 5

What color are
the babies...baby koi would already have the koi colors.....Koi breed in about
3 years....You must have a very large pond to support 10 large koi and 20
goldfish. The babies were probably born last fall and wintered over. Jerri