Old 10-10-2009, 12:47 AM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Ground IVY...Creeping Charlie...how to rid it

jimmy wrote:
Creeping Charlie and or Ground Ivy has taken over my yard (grass) does
anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of it???

You can do a lot of damage to it just by fluffing it up with a rake
right before you mow (so the mower blades can get to it.)

Triclopyr herbicide is effective; you can get it in Ortho Brush-B-Gon,
or some herbicide formulations for chickweed, or a farm chemical called
Garlon. I'm not sure if Dicamba works against it or not, but 2,4-d and
its derivatives do not.

I recommend a combination of pulling the stuff out by hand, mowing, and
lastly, applying Brush-B-Gon to what comes back. HTH

Bob