Old 10-10-2009, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Holes in the garden

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:40:50 +0100, K wrote:

lloyd writes
On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:33:27 +0100, K wrote:

lloyd writes

Think I might set up a security light and camera to see if I can find
out what it is. Guess I should maybe unblock the holes then. Where the
soil goes is still a puzzler. Must watch out for the kids shaking soil
from their trouser legs as they pass by.

Pick up a small mammal trap - a plastic live trap, bait it with peanut
butter and see what you catch. Take care when you release it - it will
be a bit cross.

LOL I did that with a rat once when I first arrived here, boy it was
mean and angry......hard work trying to hold the trap at arms length
whilst desperately trying to not run myself in the other direction.
That was a mad rat up and down poles pinching all my bird food off the
feeders. Must have been circus trained.

Just been out to take a look and lift the obstacles off the holes and
it seems there are holes sprouting up all over the place, maybe even
too small for a rat.