Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Is there anything better than Blood and Bone?

"Linda" wrote in message
I know some swear by chook poo, some seasol,
personally I can't find anything better than blood and bone.

Linda (Perth)

well, i don't know, because it all depends! :-)

i like blood & bone because you can just throw some around when you think of
it, in a not-a-hassle type of way. but, it won't add any bulk organic matter
to the soil if one's soil lacks humus (e.g. mine), so it's certainly not the
Answer To Everything - it will never actually _improve_ your soil.

in terms of fertilising in general, good soil with lots of humus needs much
less of that, which is where i'd like to be. (one day).
kylie