Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Is there anything better than Blood and Bone?

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Linda" wrote in message

I know some swear by chook poo, some seasol,
personally I can't find anything better than blood and bone.

Linda (Perth)

well, i don't know, because it all depends! :-)

i like blood & bone because you can just throw some around when you think
of it, in a not-a-hassle type of way. but, it won't add any bulk organic
matter to the soil if one's soil lacks humus (e.g. mine), so it's
certainly not the Answer To Everything - it will never actually _improve_
your soil.

in terms of fertilising in general, good soil with lots of humus needs
much less of that, which is where i'd like to be. (one day).

So what are you doing to increase your humus level Otter?