Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Bubblewrap in the Greenhouse

On 11 Oct, 10:32, Danny Colyer wrote:
On 10/10/2009 22:55, Bob Hobden wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote ...
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

By all means try a bit but I you will end up with a mess all over the glass
for certain and I doubt the plastic will stick for long.

I think I'd be more inclined to try a strip of gaffer tape at the top
and bottom of each strip of bubblewrap. *Much less effort and easier to
remove it again if you want to.

Not that I'm actually likely to try it, as my greenhouse is of the
bookcase in a polyethene tent variety.

--
Danny Colyer *http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down. *This should be every boy's

If your greenhouse is metal then you can get plastic fittings to
attach the bubble wrap to the frame, if it's wooden then a staple gun
or drawing pins.
The worst thing you could do is to atach the bubble wrap to the glass
as this would cut down the insulating effect, a small air gap between
the glass and the bubble wrap is best.
David Hill