Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
infiniteMPG infiniteMPG is offline

Default Tree Identification?????????????

We are involved in geocaching and one we found was at the base of a
large banyan (strangler fig) tree. Around the base were some small
saplings growing so we snagged a few and brought them home. One was
tough and survived the transfer and is now a couple feet tall in the
back yard. Have been thinking this was a banyan tree until I saw some
saplings around my work that have the same leaf form on it. They
pulled these up at work so I snapped a picture of one that was laying
on the sidewalk.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res02mt8/TreeLeaf.jpg

Can someone identify what I have growing in my yard as it may not be a
tree I want. Was hoping it was a banyan but now I'm not so sure.

Thanks!!!