Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree Farms

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:43:54 -0400, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

There are three black walnut trees in the yard. When I look thru my
tree books I always read how black walnut wood is in high demand.

I was wondering, how hard is it to create and run a tree farm with trees
like black walnut or even Christmas trees?

Just wondering. It seems like easy money to me but I know nothing about
three farms.

If you have the land, it is very easy if you have the patience. As a
woodworker cherry is currently in vogue, but maybe that will likely
change in 15-20 years to maple or oak. Most loggers do not like to
harvest wood located on residential properties (metal parts ruin
expensive sawmill blades).