Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Goldfish pond

Is there anything else that I'll need in order to start building?
Aside from the obvious rock border, plants, fish, etc.

Jason, I highly encourage a bottom drain to filter rather than pump in
pond, if that is what you're thinking. You can see how I configured my pond
after the fact (about bottom drains) on my webpage. My maintenance is so
much easier, and with having to go back to work and aging, I'm really glad
for bottom drains.

Are you already at the point of digging or planning to start in spring?
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us