Old 12-10-2009, 03:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens.organic
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default Garlic harvest finished!

"Aluckyguess" wrote:

Planted 15 varieties today. I hope it wasnt to early.

Where are you located? The rule of thumb I've heard is to plant 6-8 weeks
before ground frost, which most years at my location is well into December.
Ideally, you want the garlic to put down good root growth before the ground
freezes, but little if any top growth.
More rules to be severely bent... I do things when I can!

We had our first real frost last night; there was just the lightest "kiss"
of frost a couple of weeks ago. Didn't even kill the Basil. I'm sure this
one did; the squash foliage is already looking wilted out there.