Old 13-10-2009, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Tree for interest

Whilst at Grand Designs Live, I heard a talk by James
Alexander-Sinclair, who I have to say was a most engaging and
informative speaker.

He encouraged us not to keep plants simply because they have been
there for a long time, saying that he often finds an overgrown
forsythia in a corner of a garden, boring for most of the year,
and constantly in need of cutting back.

This prompted me to think about replacements for mine. I have
room for a small tree, but wonder what is considered to provide
the greatest amount of year-round interest?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.