Old 14-10-2009, 01:27 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaara View Post
I have a dwarf twisted willow, which I got this year..I put it in a tub with multipurpose compost..The leaves keep renewing themselves, then drying up and falling off..Am I doing something wrong..?
Looking at the description, "dwarf" is a highly relative term since this can grow to over 20 feet high, not that far off the "normal" form. Unless you keep it well pruned, it will not stay dwarf for a long time, and like all willows will need plenty of water.

I am always a bit suspicious of trees sold as "dwarf" forms. Many become monsters if you turn your back - particularly those sold as suitable for troughs or rock gardens.