Old 14-10-2009, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Toadstools

On Oct 12, 10:01*am, "CT" wrote:
I have a couple of "clumps" of toadstools growing on the lawn. *The
biggest area of the two is probably 20 or so of the buggers, clumped
into a circle the size of a dinner plate. *They're a light brown colour
but don't know what species they are or whether that is relevant.

What's the best way of removing them and ensuring that they don't
re-occur?

Thanks,

--
Chris

Smell them, if they smell of honey, then there is probably a rotting
tree stump underneath. I had those in the UK, it didn't hurt the lawn
and I'm told you can eat honey fungus?

Judith