Old 15-10-2009, 07:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doug odom doug odom is offline

Default lacecap hydrangea

On Oct 14, 4:33*am, bob wrote:
I've got a huge one. *It's looming over and starving its neighbours of
light so I'd like to make it more compact but I've no idea how to
prune this. *For the last two years I've followed my instincts but it
seems to want to get bigger and bigger.

Could anyone offer any tips? *At this stage I don't really mind
sacrificing next years flowers if I can bring it under control. *

Also leaves are currently very pale. *Is this an acid lover requiring
the same treatment as the azaleas?

Thanks for any insight.

You could just try weaving it around a pole or tresel of some kind.