Old 17-10-2009, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Measuring Soil pH

On 16 Oct, 14:31, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
mark wrote:
Any recommendations for a soil testing probe or kit. Not wishing to spend
much as I only want to know if my blueberries are in suitable soil.

mark

Do you have any other ericaceous plants growing nearby? *If so, you can
probably grow blueberries. *It's many years since I grew one, but it was
quite happy in Sussex clay at pH 6.5, surprisingly.

--
Jeff

You can buy a cheap probe type PH meter from many places. check it
when you get it home, I test in a bottle of vinigar, if it reads the
wrong way round then you can se salder the wires (Reverse them),
I bought I, read the wrong way round, I phoned the firm, they sent me
another same problem, so I spent 3 mins with the saldering iron and
now have 2 that read OK.
David Hill