Old 19-10-2009, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Neglected Acer

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:43:11 +0100, Steve
wrote:

I have a potted, 1½ foot Acer in my kitchen which has been there for
18 months and now, unsurprisingly, isn't doing so well. When is the
right time of year to plant this outside? Anything else I should be
doing?

You should be saying sorry to it! It should have been outside all
along. Well done for keeping it alive all this time!
I would put the pot in a sheltered position outside NOW, as long as
you do not live in the frozen north. Maybe protect it with fleece in
the depths of winter. If it begins to show growth in Spring plant it
out with TLC.
You could try planting it out now in a sheltered position but it might
be too much of a shock for it.
Why did you keep it indoors? Acers are hardy trees.

Pam in Bristol