Old 20-10-2009, 09:06 PM
jasper65 jasper65 is offline
Registered User

Location: Norfolk, UK
Default Honda HF2218H

Hi All

I have recently just moved to a property with a large Garden around 2 acres. after reading through alot of Information on the net about Ride On Mowers I finally took the plunge and purchased a secondhand Honda HF2218H..

everything seems fine with the mower when cutting on a level plain but when I need to pull up a small slope in the garden it starts to vibrate and sounds quite noisey? I'm certain its not the engine making this noise but was thinking it could be the drive belt slipping although there is no squeal? it also seems to struggle up the slope but once its cleared the top its fine again and all the noise and vibration stops...

this model is a Hydrostatic with two belts that both look like they have seen better days, the drive belt for the cutter is quite loose until I engage the cutter then all the slack is taken up, the main drive belt from the bottom of the engine seems to have a tensioner but it does seem like there is planty more to tighten....

Any Advice would be gladly apreciated..

Many Thanks

Tony