Old 23-10-2009, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Leaves

"vomog" wrote in message

Am I doing the right thing by always burning and mulching my Maple
leaves?? I know it looks awful covering the lawn in Autumn. But does it
not feed the tree,and could I not put it under other less leafy trees
for food. Especially my Walnut?

When the leaves change colour and fall, it's because the tree has reclaimed
the nutrients from it. It won't feed anything, but will add humus to the
soil, most people either use it as leaf mould or just add it to the compost,
depending on how much you have.

Steve