Old 23-10-2009, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Leaves

On 2009-10-23 08:50:37 +0100, vomog said:

Am I doing the right thing by always burning and mulching my Maple
leaves?? I know it looks awful covering the lawn in Autumn. But does it
not feed the tree,and could I not put it under other less leafy trees
for food. Especially my Walnut?

John

You could bag up the leaves in bin liners and leave them to rot down,
thus giving you compost for the rest of the garden. If you deposit
them as 'just leaves', the chances are they'll blow all over your
garden again!
--
Sacha