Old 23-10-2009, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Leaves

"vomog" wrote in message

Am I doing the right thing by always burning and mulching my Maple
leaves?? I know it looks awful covering the lawn in Autumn. But does it
not feed the tree,and could I not put it under other less leafy trees
for food. Especially my Walnut?

John

My Son in Law who has a couple of acres of landscaped gardens, goes over
them with the sit on mower with a fairly close crop, then goes over them
again with the blades set very high. The first cuts them all up, the second
run mulches them all out and spreads them evenly over the lawns.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk