Old 23-10-2009, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Leaves

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:50:37 +0100, vomog
wrote:

Am I doing the right thing by always burning and mulching my Maple
leaves?? I know it looks awful covering the lawn in Autumn. But does it
not feed the tree,and could I not put it under other less leafy trees
for food. Especially my Walnut?

John

Don't burn them. You are wasting a valuable resource and causing some
degree of pollution.
Rake them up and compost them somehow. If you have a big enough
garden a leaf-sucker is a good idea, especially one which shreds the
leaves and gathers them in a bag.

Pam in Bristol