Old 23-10-2009, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leaves

On Oct 23, 8:50*am, vomog wrote:
Am I doing the right thing by always burning and mulching my Maple
leaves?? I know it looks awful covering the lawn in Autumn. But does it
not feed the tree,and could I not put it under other less leafy trees
for food. Especially my Walnut?

John

--
vomog

Gather them up and put them in bin bags, I added some, er em... pee to
them a few times and got some lovely loam after about a year. Now I
gather them into huge mounds, as I have too many trees compared to the
few I had in England. I cover the mounds with soil and the old spent
compost from all the various pots and leave it. Next Spring I should
have enough for about 50-60 pots and baskets.

Judith