Old 24-10-2009, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Dahlia excelsa - for David Hill

David, it's getting an awful battering today but 'your' Dahlia excelsa
is still flowering in three different places in the garden. It looks
absolutely wonderful and the colour is as bright and zinging as always.
Poor thing has definitely been rather tattered by autumn winds but it
battles on valiantly. What a great plant! I do hope you're
propagating loads of it! ;-) The Dahlia imperialis has grown to an
enormous height in the garden but shows no sign of flowering and I very
much doubt it will now. Have you grown that one outside this year?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com