Old 25-10-2009, 01:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Hi, new to apple trees

I just planted 2. One is a Yellow Delicious semi-dwarf and the other is a
Granny Smith. They are about 15 ft apart.

Besides adding a tree spike food about 2 ft from the base of each and
watering each day until they seem to establish, is there more i need to do
this first year? They are each about 5ft tall with some leaves. There is a
stake to keep them somewhat straight and both are pretty much in full sun
area.

I live in Norfolk USA area (Zone 7). I expect the squirrels to get most of
the fruits, but to be able to garner smoking wood for the fireplace and
smoker, and many a few apples.