Old 29-10-2009, 11:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_20_] Jonno[_20_] is offline

Default Here comes the sun!

"Loosecanon" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 14:57:58 +0800, "Linda"
wrote:

Well in Perth at least (finally!!) Sunday was sunny and 25degs *happy
sigh*

As you may all recall I bought myself a Blood Orange with the idea of
starting my own orchard.
Well as usual, I let the horse out before hitching the cart...meaning I
have
yet to dig out the lawn
and then prepare the soil before even considering planting. :-(
So I'm going to have to plant the blood orange in a large pot
(temporarily)
until I'm more organised.

Any tips would be most welcome!

Make sure the pot is elevated, either on pot feet of half bricks. This
stops the drainage hole blocking.

Oh, to stop the soil running out of the hole, put a bit of old flywire or
shadecloth over it.

Oh (2), use a good quality potting mix, not garden mix.

Tease out the roots so they don't go around in circles. Will make it
better to transplant later.

Tease the roots?