Old 29-10-2009, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Pumpkins (World's oldest?)

Steve!!!!! Well fancy meeting you here. Must be your cool weather that kept
that pumpkin going no?
Anyhow this garden group has been going since before a.b.p.orchids so I do
not
understand why the plug was pulled for some people & not others.
Anyway good to hear from you.
Cheers Wendy
"Steve" wrote in message
So... why am I showing a picture of a homely, yellow, warty pumpkin
standing next to a handsome orange pumpkin? Well, I picked the nice
looking one earlier this month from my garden. The one on the left was
picked from my garden in early October of 2007. Over 2 years ago.
It's been hanging out in my basement all this time, being pushed here
and there to get it out of the way. I have been very tempted to cut it
up and, if it seemed OK, maybe make a pie out of it. (Just to say I made
a pie out of a 2 year old pumpkin.) I've decided that I don't have time
to do that. Minutes ago, I brought it upstairs, took it out front to be
a Halloween decoration and then took this picture. I'll compost it in
November. Enough is enough!

Steve (in the Adirondacks)