Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Titchmarsh comeback?

The BBC is 'in talks' with Alan Titchmarsh in the hope that he will
return to front Gardener's World. This follows scores of complaints
about the current lacklustre presentation and lack of genuine gardening
tips and advice. I hope it materialises. I think he's a really good
presenter and he does know his gardening. I know I've said it before
but he does have that rare and valuable gift of making everyone feel as
if he's talking to them personally. It's a great tool of the trade for
a tv presenter and especially one who's actually trying to teach people
something. IOO, all will be well if it's a proper gardening programme
that does *not* rely on an instant makeover formula, however. Alan T
and one other (Toby Buckland, Carol Klein, Joe Swift?) would be quite
enough and perhaps they could focus on some real garden work!
PS Isn't it fortunate that we *didn't* all just 'switch off'? ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com